It is crazy to think I am already on week 6 as it feels like just a couple of weeks ago that I started doing this. Time really does fly by doesn’t it? Here are the 5 things I am grateful for this week.
1. Our greenhouses. We have 2 permanent greenhouses and one temporary one that goes up in the fall to cover the tomatoes. I am so grateful for them because they stayed above freezing when we got a low of -6 this week. Although I think it may have gotten colder here since we live out in the country.
2. Electricity. We had a planned power outage (Fortis had to turn it off to work on something) for almost 7 hours this past Sunday and it really reminded me how much we use it for day-to-day stuff. Funny how losing something for a bit reminds you of how much you appreciate it.
3. Warm bed to snuggle in. This week was quite chilly. We had snow falling for about 3 days. We still have some snow left on the ground right now as I type. It is almost gone though. But I really appreciated being able to climb into a warm bed at night and be nice and cozy. Getting up each morning reminded me how warm my bed is because it was so chilly in my room. It always makes me thankful for my bed as I get up and feel the chill in the air.
4. The ability to rest when I need it. I realize I don’t always rest when I should but I have the option to do it if I want to. I am grateful for that. Some people don’t have that option.
5. Cooler weather. While I love the heat and sunshine, I also enjoy cooler weather. I get to curl up in a warm blanket by the crackling fire with a good book. I love snuggling in blankets. Something so comforting about that and I miss it over the summer because you can’t do that when it is hot. lol Well I suppose it is possible if you don’t mind cooking. lol
It never ceases to amaze me how many things there are to be grateful for. Even if it feels like my life is falling apart around me, there is still stuff to be thankful for. Doing this each week is fun. I like sharing this stuff. 🙂 I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing it. 🙂