First off, I must apologize for being late with this post. This past week has been difficult and long. This past week a family member passed away suddenly and it has been tough on everyone. Also, this weekend is thanksgiving so it has been busy as well. But I am getting to this now because I know I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t keep up with this and missed a whole week. Now, more than ever, it is important to be aware of all there is in my life to be thankful for in the midst of this loss. So here are the things I am thankful for this week.
1. Spending time with my nephews. Yesterday my sister and her family joined my parents, my sister and I for thanksgiving. I am of course thankful for everyone but right now, specifically I want to mention my wonderful nephews. They bring so much joy to our lives. My oldest nephew (who is 4) and I spent a lot of time together and had lots of fun. The highlights include making waffles and building pirate boats. 🙂
2. Ladybugs. I love ladybugs….. and butterflies…. and frogs and so many other wonderful creatures. The world outside really is quite a wonderful world full of interesting things. I mention ladybugs this week because they seem to be everywhere right now. They are so beneficial when it comes to taking care of bad bugs like aphids. I would hate to have a garden without them!
3. My knee is FINALLY improving!!! I sprained my knee initially about 8 weeks ago. Then a few weeks ago I managed to somehow sprain it again and the knee cap was sitting crooked which was causing weird pain. Anyways, I am finally able to walk around without limping!! The swelling has gone down a fair bit which makes a huge difference in how stiff it is. 🙂 Oh my goodness I am so thankful for that!
4. Walks to the mail box. This hasn’t been possible for over 8 weeks due to my sprained knee and this week I finally got to go for a nice walk to the mail box. we live in the country so it is a bit of a walk to the mail box at the corner of the gravel road. I love going for walks and I have missed walking so this was a nice treat.
5. My fish aquarium is clean with very little water spilled. 🙂 I hate doing a complete water change in the aquarium which I do once a year or so. I still use some of the old water so it isn’t completely new water but I do empty it all out and clean things. I am clumsy and usually end up making a big mess. So to have only one minor spill was definitely wonderful and I am grateful for that. I am also thankful for my fish. 🙂
Since it is thanksgiving, I want to add a few extra so I am also thankful for the wonderful fall weather we are having, my cats and their antics, and physio which has helped me so much. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with family and friends.