To be honest, my heart really isn’t in to this challenge this week. The funeral for my grandfather was this week and it has really affected me more than I thought it would. But I made myself a promise that I would do this no matter what so I am here. This Wednesday also marked 7 years since my first surgery. I have mixed feelings about these surgery anniversaries. I think it would feel more positive if I wasn’t still facing complications. This week has felt beyond tough but I am strong and I will make it through this. Please forgive me if the things I am thankful for do not seem that big. It has been a tough week and I feel like my heart is in pieces (for a few reasons) but I am pushing through and I will get through this. So here I am and here are the things I am thankful for this week.
1. That I made it through the week and the weekend is here. This really seems like an accomplishment right now although it kind of isn’t anything I did or didn’t do to get here. I suppose it is an accomplishment that I made it through the week and I am here writing this post despite how I feel inside.
2. Still no snow. 🙂 It is October 17 and still no snow on the ground. I love that. I do not like driving in the snow. I am thankful we still have dry roads.
3. Painkillers. I may or may not have mentioned this already but I couldn’t have made it through this week without painkillers.
4. Physio. This week I had physio again and I got more exercises that should hopefully help me get a bit stronger. This will also help me get through the upcoming surgery easier as well.
5. Lindt Chocolate. It tastes so amazing and is a definite treat. No other chocolate compares to it. The 100 gram dark chocolate bars are my favorite. Plus really good chocolate is nice to have when you feel sad. 🙂
Thanks for reading my blog post. I really appreciate it. I hope you will consider coming back again. 🙂