This week has been tough. I found out I have an absessed tooth which led to my surgery being postponed on Monday. I am glad the tooth issue was caught because it sounds like it would have been bad to have an infected tooth with surgery. I am also sad because I was really feeling excited about things improving and moving on with my life again finally. But my surgery hasn’t been canceled, just postponed. It will still happen. 🙂 Just a little later than originally planned.
Here is what I am thankful for this week.
1. My root canal this morning because that means my tooth can start to get better and the pain can decrease. 🙂 It is hard to be thankful for the root canal itself but I am so thankful for what will happen because of it. 🙂
2. I got through this week which has been extremely long. I wasn’t sure how I was going to manage to get through the week’s appointments but I did. 🙂
3. I got to rest. I have pushed myself so hard to get so much done in a small amount of time before the surgery that I haven’t let myself rest as much as I should. I was getting so worn out from pushing myself so hard. I was physically and emotionally exhausted. In a way, having the surgery postponed had some benefits because I was able to take a couple of days this week (that originally had other appointments) to get some much needed rest.
4. I am done my Christmas shopping and wrapping. I am not normally done this early but because of the surgery, I needed to be. Now the surgery won’t happen till the new year but I still have all the Christmas stuff taken care of. I am thankful it is all taken care of and it is one less thing I need to still deal with. 🙂
5. Free pizza. 🙂 Well in a roundabout way. Safeway had a deal where you buy 2 Delissio pizzas for 9.00 and get 100 air miles which works out to a little over 10.00 when converted to money. This can be spent at participating stores. So it is technically free. 🙂 Plus it tastes fine and is an easy meal when pressed for time. I am not sure if it is healthier than the delivered pizza but it seems to be.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. 🙂 I really appreciate it. 🙂